Proper ab workout technique for your lower abs. Captain’s Chair is one of the lower abs workout that is very simple and portable as a belly fat burner because you can do this exercise anywhere and anytime with any old regular chair to get six pack abs. Despite at the gym, this exercise is normally done on a piece of equipment known as the Captain’s Chair. Perform this exercise with the focus and quality as your six pack workout routine. This will be the best abs workout for your six pack workout plan, do the exercises slowly to make sure all your abdominal muscles actually contraction during exercise.
How to do:
- Stand on the chair and grip handholds to stabilize your upper body.
- Press your back against the pad and contract the abs to raise the legs and lift knees towards your chest.
- Don't arch the back or swing the legs up.
- Slowly lower back down and repeat for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
Using Old Regular Chair:
- Sit on the edge of a plain, sturdy chair with your feet flat on the floor.
- Sit up straight, elongating your spine.
- Grasp the seat of the chair on either side of your hips.
- Exhale and slowly bring your knees to your chest, trying not to arch your lower back. Hold for two seconds.
- Slowly lower your legs and inhale. Continue raising and lowering your legs.
- To get more resistance and work the lower abdominal even more, use your arms to hold yourself suspended in the air.
More detail movement for this exercise, see Captain’s Chair exercise video.