Variety of crunches as proper ab workout technique for your upper abs. Vertical Leg Crunch Exercise is one of the crunches variety for upper abs workout that is very effective with targets on the rectus abdominis and oblique muscles to get six pack abs. The rectus abdominis flexes your spine, meaning it pulls your rib cage toward your hip bone. The vertical leg crunch also activates your obliques, or side abs. In fact, the vertical leg crunch engages your obliques significantly more than a standard crunch. Perform this exercise with the focus and quality as your six pack workout routine. This will be the best abs workout for your six pack workout plan, use a good form when doing this crunch and do the exercises slowly to make sure all your abdominal muscles actually contraction during exercise.
How to do:
- Lie on your back on a mat with your hands behind your head.
- Lift your legs up so they are perpendicular to the floor with a slight bend in your knees.
- Cross your ankles. Push your lower back into the floor. This is the starting position.
- Exhale and curl up until your shoulder blades are off the floor, but do not allow your lower back to lift off the floor.
- Keep your hands gently crossed behind your head, but do not pull with your arms.
- Relax your head back, keeping your neck in line with your spine. Pause for a count. Inhale and lower back to the floor.
More detail movement for this exercise, see Vertical Leg Crunch Exercise video.