Variety of crunches as proper ab workout technique for your upper abs. Criss-Cross Crunch Exercise is one of the crunches variety for upper abs workout that is very effective with targets on the rectus abdominis and for strengthening the obliques to get six pack abs. Performs this exercise with the focus and quality as your six pack workout routine. This will be the best abs workout for your six pack workout plan, use a good form when doing this crunch and do the exercises slowly to make sure all your abdominal muscles actually contraction during exercise.
How to do:
- Lie on your back in neutral spine.
- Bend your knees and bring your shins up so that they are parallel to the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head, supporting the base of the skull. Keep the elbows wide.
- Use an exhale to pull your abs into a deep scoop, and leaving the pelvis in a neutral position (not tucked or tipped), curl the chin and shoulders off the mat up to the base of the shoulder blades.
- Inhale: Your upper body is in a full curve, your abs are pulling your bellybutton down to your spine, and your legs are in tabletop position.
- Exhale: Reach your left leg out long, and as you keep the elbows wide, rotate your torso toward the bent right knee so that your left armpit is reaching toward the knee.
- Inhale: Inhale as you switch legs and bring the trunk through center
- Exhale: Extend the right leg. Rotate your upper body toward the left knee. Keep your chest open and elbows wide the whole time. Resist the urge to hold yourself up with your arms. Make this exercise about the abs.
More detail movement for this exercise, see Criss-Cross Crunch Exercise video.